- Family-based sponsorship petitions
- Renewal of work authorization, green cards, and other related paperwork
- Adjustment of status
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)/U-Visas
- Nonimmigrant/Humanitarian Visas
- Know-Your-Rights and Safety Planning
- Referrals to other agencies and low-cost immigration attorneys (for services outside scope of representation)
- Informational seminars on issues pertaining to immigration or related matters from experts in their fields
- Classes & one-on-one assistance with preparing for the Naturalization Interview & Test (in partnership with Blackhawk College and other local organizations)
A $40 consultation fee is due at your first appointment and must be paid prior to speaking with the Immigration Specialist. This is in addition to any legal or filing fees that will be required for your case. The Immigration Specialist will discuss case fees during your consultation as well as discuss next steps, etc. If you require financial assistance, please be sure to let us know when you arrive.
Note: Limited phone/video consultations may be scheduled for potential clients who travel is difficult/too far. However, the consultation fee is due at time of appointment (Instructions for paying online will be provided at time of scheduling). Immigration Specialists do not conduct email consultations.
We work with Ascentra Credit Union to provide low-cost loans for immigration fees through the Newcomers Initiative, made possible thanks to a generous grant from Global Communities. For more information about Ascentra and the Newcomers Initiative, visit their webpage. Esperanza Legal Assistance Center is a partner with The New Americans Campaign. For more information about NAC, visit their website.
Upcoming Events/Important News
(beginning Saturday, February 24th)
Saturdays, 9am to 12pm
Esperanza Center, 335 5th Avenue, Moline, IL
Learn the history and civics information required to pass the naturalization interview and test. It is recommended that students have the ability to read/write/understand Basic English prior to taking this class. There is no cost for this class but pre-registration is required to attend this class. Call (309) 732-0047 to register.
Office Hours (NEW!)
- Mondays: 3:00 – 8:00 PM
- Tuesdays: By Appointment Only
- Wednesdays: By Appointment Only
- Thursdays: 1:00 – 8:00 PM
- Fridays: Closed
Please call to schedule an appointment or speak with a staff member during office hours at (309) 732-0047 or email email@example.com. (Limited appointments available outside of office hours. Call for availability.) Walk-ins accepted (if space is available).
Financial Assistance is available on a case-by-case basis. Our office is located within the Esperanza Center, 335 5th Avenue, Moline, Illinois in Room 208. (NOTE: Our recognition to practice immigration law is under Immigrant Connection at Heritage Church.)