- Family-based sponsorship petitions
- Renewal of work authorization, green cards, and other related paperwork
- Adjustment of status
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)/U-Visas
- Nonimmigrant/Humanitarian Visas
- Know-Your-Rights and Safety Planning
- Referrals to other agencies and low-cost immigration attorneys (for services outside scope of representation)
- Informational seminars on issues pertaining to immigration or related matters from experts in their fields
- Classes & one-on-one assistance with preparing for the Naturalization Interview & Test (in partnership with Blackhawk College and other local organizations)
A $40 consultation fee is due at your first appointment and must be paid prior to speaking with the Immigration Specialist. This is in addition to any legal or filing fees that will be required for your case. The Immigration Specialist will discuss case fees during your consultation as well as discuss next steps, etc. If you require financial assistance, please be sure to let us know when you arrive.
Note: Limited phone/video consultations may be scheduled for potential clients who travel is difficult/too far. However, fees are due at time of appointment. Immigration Legal Specialists do not conduct email consultations.
We work with Ascentra Credit Union to provide low-cost loans for immigration fees through the Newcomers Initiative, made possible thanks to a generous grant from Global Communities. For more information about Ascentra and the Newcomers Initiative, visit their webpage. Esperanza Legal Assistance Center is a partner with The New Americans Campaign. For more information about NAC, visit their website.
We partner with DePaul University’s Modern Languages Department through the Translator & Interpretor Corps, which helps with our interpretation and translation needs. The Corps offers students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in interpretation and translation while assisting nonprofit organizations with language needs. This partnership allows us to assist a broader range of clients who speak other languages besides English and Spanish.
- Mondays: 1:00 – 8:00 PM
- Thursdays: 1:00 – 8:00 PM
Please call to schedule an appointment or speak with a staff member during office hours at (309) 732-0047 or email email@example.com. (Limited appointments available outside of office hours. Call for availability. We are not able to accept walk-in clients at this time.)
Financial Assistance is available on a case-by-case basis. Our office is located within the Esperanza Center, 335 5th Avenue, Moline, Illinois in Room 208. (NOTE: Our recognition to practice immigration law is under Immigrant Connection at Heritage Church.)
We accept cash, check and credit/debit cards.